Title Page / Introduction / Chronology / Academic Freedom: Academic Programs, Research / Campus Lives: Campus Scenes, Student Organizations, Athletes / Leadership / Community, Collaboration and Partnership / Landmarks / Bibliography & Links / Credits

The New ASU Story:

Previous Image
Category Index
Next Image

Download this image
(ZIP file)

Training School
Students, teachers and Dr. Matthews at the Training School
UP UPC ASUB N623 #26
Training School, 1901
Teachers and training school students outside the Original Building, which became the Training School when Old Main opened in 1898. This is one of the few images of the school showing the windmill. The building was located at the site of the northwest corner of the present Life Sciences Center.

University Archives
Department of Archives and Manuscripts
Arizona State University Libraries
Last updated: August, 2000
Send questions or comments to archives@mainex1.asu.edu

ASU Libraries: Architecture | Downtown Phoenix | Hayden | Law | Music | Polytechnic | Science | West