obese is a major health risk. Obesity can cause many complications including,
but not limited to:
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Dyslipidemia -– An abnormal concentration of fat in the bloodstream.
- Type 2 diabetes – Insulin resistant diabetes
- Coronary heart disease – The buildup of plaques in the main arteries of the heart.
- Stroke – The blockage of blood flow to the brain
- Gallbladder Disease – Can cause nausea and fever, caused by gallstones.
- Sleep Apnea – Problems breathing during sleep.
- Respiratory Problems
it is possible to develop these health problems without being obese,
obesity raises the likelihood of their development dramatically. Many
of these conditions can lead to disability, or even death.
isn't a coincidence that Latinos have the second highest rate for
obesity, and are also disproportionately affected by heart disease and