SSM 204–05: Verifying
To verify, at the end of each semester or summer session, that a
student who has applied for graduation has completed all course
work and requirements for a doctoral degree
University Registrar Services
Office for Graduate Education
Before the end of each semester or summer session, the
Graduation Section compares each doctoral candidate’s
transcript and program of study to verify that all course work and
requirements have been completed.
If all requirements have been completed, the transcript is
updated on the conferral date to reflect the degree.
|Office for Graduate Education
- Send to the Graduation Section the candidate’s
dissertation title page and the pass/fail form, indicating that the
student has passed the oral defense.
- Submit completed grade change forms to the Recording Section
for grades on dissertation and research hours for prior semesters.
Current semester grades are reported through the class
- Post grades to the candidate’s
- Process any amendments submitted for the Interactive Program of
- Verify that all requirements on the candidate’s iPOS have
been or are being completed prior to the conferral date for the
semester in which he or she is applying for
||If the requirements have been completed:|
- Post the degree that will be reflected on the transcripts on
the date of conferral.
- Order the diploma to be mailed to the student by the vendor
selected for diploma printing.
||If the requirements have not been completed:|
- Withdraw student from graduation and notify the student and the
student’s academic unit, in writing, of any discrepancies or
of the requirements that have not been met.
- Refile for a later graduation date.
- SSM 204–02,
“Master’s and Doctoral Programs of Study”
- SSM 204–04,
“Application for Graduation for Master’s and Doctoral
skip navigation bar
SSM manual |
ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title
| Educational Outreach and Student Services Web