Registration and Drop/Add/Swap after the Published
To allow an eligible student to register for or drop/add/swap classes
after the deadline for such transactions, but before the final
transaction deadline for the semester, as published in the online
University Registrar Services’ Semester Calendar
University Registrar Services
This policy applies to students who are:
- continuing from the previous semester
- admitted or readmitted to ASU.
An eligible student may register for or drop/add classes after
the published deadline with the appropriate approval.
A student who wishes to register for a semester for the first
time after the deadline must:
- obtain advising sign-off if required by the university,
college, or department
- obtain approval from the authorized designee of the college of
the student’s major
- have the registration processed at University Registrar Services
within five business days of the date signed
- pay a $50 late fee for initial registration, along with the
normal tuition and fees for the semester.
A student who wishes to drop/add/swap classes after the deadline
- obtain advising sign-off, if required by the university,
college, or department
- obtain approval from the authorized designee of the college
offering the class(es)
- have the drop/add/swap processed at University Registrar Services within five
business days of the date signed.
- Complete an Enrollment Request form.
- Obtain approval to register for or drop/add/swap a class from the
|Dean or designee
- Sign and date the form in the space
- Take the form and a photo ID to University Registrar Services for processing
within five business days of obtaining the dean’s
|University Registrar Services staff
- Process the Enrollment Request form. Print the study list.
- Remain at the site to receive the study list.
Review the study list for accuracy.
- Pay any fees by using the My ASU Web site.
||For specific information on fee payment in person, contact Student Accounts and Cashiering Services.|
For information on registration, see SSM 201–01, “Registration for
For information on drop/add, see SSM
201–03, “Drop/Add/Swap of Classes.”
For information on withdrawal from classes, see SSM 201–08, “Withdrawal from
skip navigation bar
SSM manual |
ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title
| Educational Outreach and Student Services Web