SSM 305–10: Change in
Pay Rate within the Current Wage Level
To provide pay adjustments after training periods, reward
seniority, and compensate students for dependability, initiative,
and competency within their current wage level
Student Financial Assistance Office/Student
University departments may provide pay increases within the
current wage level for student employees who by virtue of increased
job knowledge, motivation, initiative, and abilities are regularly
assigned more complex projects and tasks.
The following principles should be used as a guide in the
implementation of this policy.
- Factors to consider in determining a student’s pay rate
include experience in the position, mastery of job elements, and
length of service.
- Increased duties and responsibilities still require a
reclassification of the position to a higher student wage
- Each hiring unit is expected to develop its own evaluation
guidelines so that supervisors can follow a fair process.
- The amount of the proposed pay increase should be justifiable
and reasonable when compared to other student positions within the
- The pay increase may not exceed the maximum pay rate of the
student’s current wage level.
||A demotion resulting in a pay decrease is considered a new job
assignment and requires a job posting.|
skip navigation bar
SSM manual |
ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title
| Educational Outreach and Student Services Web