The requesting department, group, or organization:
- completes the ASU Special Events Application and forwards it by mail, electronically, or by fax to the ASU Police Special Events Coordinator at least 21 days prior to the event
- awaits a response and completes the ASU Police Special Events Contract if required
- provides a contact person who will be present during the entire event, including a cell phone number or other means of contact.
The ASU PD events coordinator:
- determines the level and type of service needed for the
- ensures that all required permits (e.g., fire, alcohol) are in
- informs the event supervisor of anticipated staffing,
scheduling, and approximate costs based on approved rates
- drafts a contract for signature
- schedules appropriate personnel
- arranges for a representative of the requesting organization to
meet the officers and provide information about the desired
- maintains a list of officers and hours worked
- prepares all paperwork required by Human Resources
(HR) for compensation.
The requesting department, group, or organization approves the list of officers and hours worked and provides account
authorization for HR paperwork.
The ASU PD events coordinator forwards all paperwork accordingly.
Return to PDP