Krause Dining Hall, 1919; Alpha Hall (lower), 1902; Blome Training School (upper),
Old Main (upper), 1898; President's Cottage (lower), 1907; Auditorium, (upper) 1909;
Science Building (middle) 1908; and the Infirmary (lower) 1916.
An additional 45 acres in the upper half of the photograph includes South Hall, 1913;
1914; Matthews Hall, 1918; Second Heating Plant (upper), 1917; and the Industrial
(now Anthropology), 1914.
Architects created a home-like atmosphere for younger women with the construction of
South Hall (1913-1972) that accommodated 34 freshmen and sophomores.
The architects for this project were Royal W. Lescher and John Rinder Kibbey.
North Hall (1914-1972) was the last of the dormitories of the period
built for female students. After West Hall was built in
1936, these four buildings became known as the Quad. The architect for this building was
East Hall, Alpha Hall, Blome Training School, Krause Hall, South and North Hall,
the Infirmary and the Auditorium have been razed.
For more information about ASU campus buildings and facilities, please visit: