PUR 102: Code of
To prescribe a code of conduct for personnel engaged in the
National Association of Educational Procurement
The university’s reputation for fair, honest, and
consistent treatment of suppliers can best be accomplished if
procurement is done solely on the merits of the transaction. All
university personnel should conduct themselves in such a manner as
to foster public confidence in the integrity of the university
All persons engaged in the procurement process (whether in the
Purchasing Department or in other departments) will adhere to the
following Code of Ethics published by the National Association of
Educational Procurement (NAEP).
- To give first consideration to the objectives and policies of
- To strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of
- To decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- To grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar
as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- To conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an
atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional
- To demand honesty in sales representation whether offered
through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an
advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- To receive consent of the originator of proprietary ideas and
designs before using them for competitive purposes.
- To make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and
mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier;
and/or to be willing to submit any major controversies to
arbitration or other third party review, insofar as the established
policies of my institution permit.
- To accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as
conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business
- To cooperate with trade, industrial, and professional
associations, and with governmental and private agencies for the
purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- To foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices.
- To counsel and cooperate with NAEP members and promote a spirit
of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among
For additional information on fairness and honesty with
suppliers and others, see PUR 101,
For additional information on gifts and gratuities, see
PUR 104, “Gifts and
skip navigation bar
PUR manual |
ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title |
PUR manual contact |
Purchasing and Business Services Web site
Back to Top