Property Control System Manual (PCS)

[horizontal rule]

Effective: 6/9/1986

Revised: 11/1/2020

[horizontal rule]
[ASU logo]

PCS 1004–02: Transfer of ASU-Owned Research Equipment to Other Universities

[horizontal rule]


[horizontal rule]

To ensure the successful transfer of federally funded equipment to other entities or universities


[horizontal rule]

University employees transferring equipment

[horizontal rule]


[horizontal rule]

University employees desiring to relocate their grant or contract research property to another university may do so at no charge to the acquiring university except for shipping. Federally funded equipment that has been cost-shared with state or local funds may be subject to reimbursement for the state or local participation (see PCS 1004–01, “Transfer of State/Local Funded Equipment to Other Universities”).

Before transferring equipment, the department will provide a list of assets to be transferred to Capital Asset Management (CAM) who will use the list to prepare a transfer form. The form must be authorized by the department head prior to transfer. All ASU property control tags affixed to the equipment should be removed by the department prior to shipping. Once the transfer is complete, CAM will retire the equipment in Workday.

Employees wishing to purchase equipment for personal use must purchase the equipment from Surplus Property (see PUR 205, “Disposal and Sale of ASU Surplus Property”).

  skip navigation bar

PCS manual | ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title | PCS manual contact | Property Control Web site

Back to Top

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional