Survivor Benefits for Beneficiaries of a
Deceased Faculty Member or Academic Professional
The faculty member’s or academic professional’s unit
chair or director:
- sends a termination Payroll Action form (PAF) to Human
- asks the surviving spouse, beneficiaries, or estate
representatives to call HR.
- processes the PAF
- produces the check(s) for the balance of the individual’s
salary and vacation pay, if any
- forwards the check(s) to the beneficiary or the estate
representative after the required affidavit has been signed
- informs the surviving spouse, beneficiaries, or estate
- the types and amounts of benefits coverage
- the number of death certificates needed
- the procedure to continue medical insurance coverage, if
- completes and forwards the forms to the respective life
insurance companies for payment.
Benefits for Faculty and Academic
Professionals Who Survive a Dependent
The faculty member or academic professional notifies Human
Resources (HR) of the death of an eligible dependent.
- informs the faculty member or academic professional of:
- the types and amounts of coverage
- the number of death certificates required.
- processes beneficiary change(s), if necessary
- completes and forwards forms to the respective life insurance
companies for payment.
Return to ACD 608.