Virginia G. Piper Writers House
The historic President’s Cottage is the home of the Virginia G. Piper Center for Creative Writing. Located on the corner of Palm Walk and Tyler Mall, the house was constructed in 1907 and served as the home of the university presidents until 1959. The house, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is especially fitting as a home for the Virginia G. Piper Center for Creative Writing, as Robert Frost visited there twice as the guest of ASU President Grady Gammage.
The Virginia G. Piper Writers House provides essential space for classes, seminars, two formal reception areas, administrative offices, a library, an archive for ASU literary history, an outdoor performance area and writers garden.
For more information:
Virginia G. Piper Center for Creative Writing
More Information about this building
450 E. Tyler Mall
Tempe, AZ 85281