A. J. Matthews Center
Originally the first library on campus, the A. J. Matthews Center continues to symbolize the spirit of learning and creativity at ASU. The School of Human Evolution and Social Change maintains archaeological and physical anthropology collections, meeting spaces and student and faculty offices. Student Media, where students publish the State Press, the campus daily and the seventh largest publication in Arizona, is located in Matthews. Comprehensive support services for students with disabilities, including alternative print formats and interpreting, are provided by Disability Resources.
Constructed in 1930, the building is named for ASU President Arthur John Matthews, the first in ASU history to serve with the title "president." Matthews served from 1900 to 1930.
More Information about this building
950 S. Cady Mall
Tempe, AZ 85281