Payne Hall, along with the H. B. Farmer building, is home to the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
Payne Hall, built in 1968, is named after Ira Dawson Payne, who became the director of the training school and instructor of education at Tempe Normal School (ASU's original name) in 1911. After 44 years of dedicated service to this institution and to instructing hundreds of Arizona's finest teachers, Professor Payne was awarded an honorary Doctorate of Laws by then President Grady Gammage and was the first retiring faculty member granted the title Professor Emeritus.
1000 S. Forest Mall
Tempe, AZ 85281