Campus Safety Tips
ASU's number one priority is to ensure a safe and
secure environment for our students to thrive academically.
We encourage students, staff and faculty to follow
some basic safety tips:
- Be aware of your surroundings, and remember to take precautions
at all times.
- Walk or jog with a friend, never alone.
- Avoid isolated, dark areas.
- Use campus Safety
Escort Services on the Tempe campus at night.
- Tell a friend where you are going and when you will return.
- Carry a whistle or noisemaker. Do not be afraid to shout if
you need help.
- Park in an area that will be well lit when you return.
- When approaching your car or door, get your keys out in advance.
Don't fumble for your keys at the door.
- Before driving, lock your doors and put on your seat belt.
- If you witness any suspicious activity, call 911 or ASU Police