To create a listserv, submit a Request for Computer Access form. The form is available at the Computer Accounts Services website, the SORC in the MU, or the second floor of the Computer Commons.
- Section 1
- Should be completed, signed and dated by the person who will own the list ID. This person can be faculty, staff, or a student.
- Section 2
- Check the box marked NEW LISTSERV. Create a listserv ID (5-8 characters long), an alternate listserv name, and write out the purpose of the list.
- Section 3
- Leave blank
- Section 4
- Your club advisor MUST sign this section as a secondary contact for the Listserv. This person will be contacted if the owner of the list leaves the University so that we can continue uninterrupted service to the listserv members. Information on the administration and use of Listserv lists is available at http://lists.asu.edu/. If you need additional assistant with the administration or use of this listserv, please refer your questions to the Electronic Messaging Team.
To create a discussion group using Blackboard and MyASU, submit a request at https://webapp4.asu.edu/cem-request/.
Create a group name that is easy to remember and a password. The Email request needs to contain the names, email, ASU ID number or ASURITE of the person who will act as the primary contact. You will receive an email from MyASU After the discussion group has been created.
- REQUEST FOR LISTSERV OR SHARED EMAIL MAILBOX (NEW OR TRANSFER)
- Log-in and apply online here
Your Organization Web Address:
- Your Organization AFS space location:
How to Transfer Files
- Open Secure File Transfer Client.
- Click on Quick Connect. Enter general.asu.edu as the host name and your ASURITE id as the username.
- Now click on connect and enter your password and you will see the contents of your M drive space.
- Click on Operation tab and click on Go to Folder
- Change the folder name to your organization AFS space location, and click OK
- Now you can see your files in your student organization webspace. You can upload and download multiple files using the arrow keys on the top. You can even drag and drop files on to your server space.
- Download and Install SSH
- Go to http://www.asu.edu/security/software/html/ssh/.
- Click on the "Download" tab at the top of the table. You will be asked to login with your ASURITE UserID and password before downloading software.
- Click on the version of the SSH software that corresponds to your operating system.
- Click "Save" and select your desktop as the location to save the file.
- Double-click on the installation file. Follow the instructions and install the SSH client.
- Log on to Emma, and then enter your ASURITE ID and password.
- Once inside look on the left hand display and choose the "AFS Manager" option.
- Under the heading "Current Directory" should appear your personal space on the ASU public server. Change that "Current Directory" to your organization AFS space location.
- Then click the open folder button located on the right. Then you should be in your groups designated folder.
Note: Only persons using authorized ASURITE ID's can access a groups folder. Access is granted through the SORC office if requests are made in person or via the online Webmaster Access Form on this site.
- Once inside your group's directory, you can upload files by clicking the "Upload" icon, then all you have to do is click the "browse" button, find the file from your computer that you wish to upload, and then press the "upload" button on the left.
Last updated: August 24, 2010
by Memorial Union WebTeam