Arizona State University departments and registered student organizations must use authorized catering service for on-campus events. Due to liability issues it is imperative that individuals representing ASU through university functions insure that all risk management concerns are addressed by securing approved catering services as outlined in the following information.

Events Held in the Memorial Union
ASU Catering must be used for food and/or beverage service for an event hosted in the MU. For more information or menu options please call (480) 965-6508 or stop by their office located on the main level of the MU behind the Information Desk. Food may also be purchased at any of the dining venues in the MU or ordered from Domino's Pizza (903 S. Rural Rd. location at 480-968-5555) for events held within the building.

Other ASU Campuses
For catering services at the other ASU campuses please select from the following locations:

Donated Food or Special Menu Item
If an ASU department or registered student organization expect to receive food donations or require a special menu item that cannot be provided by MU Catering or from the Approved Caterer List (per vendor evaluation), a Food Waiver Request must be submitted to:

ASU Memorial Union Event and Meeting Services
Room 182, Mail Code: 0901
Phone: 480-965-3406 Fax: 480-965-5834

Please forward Food Waiver Request a minimum of 14 days prior to the event date. ASU representatives will review the request for final approval. Your event cannot take place without an approved Food Waiver Request which must be displayed at the event.

Food Waiver Request
A Food Waiver Request must be submitted for the following instances:

Approved Caterer’s List Application
Businesses interested in catering events on the ASU campuses must be on the approved caterer’s list.  If interested in becoming an approved caterer please submit the application.  Questions regarding the application please call 480-965-3406.

Temporary Food Establishment Permit
A Temporary Food Establishment Permit must be completed when a group hires a caterer for an event which is open to the general public by invitation or advertisement. A $70 fee is due when the application is submitted to Campus Health Services at minimum for 14 days prior to the event date. Please call 480-965-6853 with any questions.

Please note: To secure your catering request please use authorized caterers for all other catering events on University property. A vendor permit must accompany the Food Waiver Request when supplemental caterers are authorized for on-campus events. In addition, you need to comply with the University insurance requirements when preparing and serving donated foods for special events.

Last updated: September 2, 2011 by Memorial Union WebTeam