Additional Campus Resources
DRC Cart Transportation Guidelines
Operating Hours are 7:10 – 6:45 Monday through Friday
DRC Transportation operates on a scheduled, shared-ride basis. Services are available
to students, staff, and faculty of the university who have a documented temporary or
permanent mobility disability which limits the ability to walk prescribed distances.
All participants with a temporary or permanent mobility disability who are not
currently enrolled for other DRC services are required to provide the contact information
of their treating physician.
- You must provide us with your doctor’s name and FAX number. (we will fax the form
directly to them)
- Or you can take a copy of the medical verification form if you an
appointment with your doctor. The doctor must fax the form back to this office.
- We only accept the DRC medical verification that is provided.
- Medical prescriptions are not accepted for verification
- Documentation must be returned within 5 business days or services will be
- Exception: Documentation is not required for those
registering for 5 or less days of continuous service.
Service Limits and Restrictions
This service experiences a consistent demand volume that frequently has it running at or
above the service capacity. In order to allow as many qualified participants access to this
service, there are limits and restrictions to what we can do.
- Regularly scheduled rides for student participants are for classroom and laboratory
purposes only. These include rides from on-campus housing to class, class to class, and
return. Rides are ONLY for the registered participant. Because of
liability and limited seating, friends are not allowed to ride along.
- This service does not provide rides to any athletic practice facility. We do provide
service to and from the ICA complex for educational purposes.
- This service does not provide rides to and from cafeterias from one residence hall
to another when the residence hall complex already has an on site cafeteria. Residents
of Best, Irish, Hayden and McClintock Halls can schedule to be transported to/from the
- All participants must be able to board and off board the cart without assistance.
- DRC carts are not equipped to transport wheelchairs. Crutches,
foldable walkers, canes are allowed. Individuals are responsible for the security of
these assistive devices. The devices must be contained within the cart at all times and
cannot be allowed to stick out of either side of the vehicle.
- Additional rides outside of your regularly schedules can be scheduled by phone by
calling this office at 480-965-3055. Additional rides will only be scheduled when seat
space, time, and the current schedule allows.
- DRC Transportation services Lot 59 at the reserved Temporary Disabled Parking
or Packard Parking Structure 7 area only. We do not service 59 North or 59 East.
All participants are required to contact this office if they are not attending classes for
the day or are no longer requiring the services.
- "No-show/no-call" three consecutive days, Services are cancelled
- If you miss first scheduled ride of the day and do not call. Services cancelled for
that day Will reinstate remaining schedule if space if available.
- If you are consistently late for your scheduled pick up from parking or housing.
Services are cancelled.
Ride schedules set up at the time of registration are subject to periodic changes. This
is necessary due to some class start times are sometimes adjusted by the instructor or college.
Generally the lead times which run from 15 to 30 minutes prior to class start times are
- At the time of scheduling services, it is possible that some of the requested rides
cannot be scheduled due to over booking at peak times. We will make every effort but cannot
guarantee a ride during that time.
ALL SCHEDULE CHANGE COMMUNICATION INITIATED FROM THIS OFFICE IS DONE BY E-MAIL. YOU MUST HAVE A VALID asu.edu ACCOUNT. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THIS E-MAIL ACCOUNT PERIODICALLY AND ADJUST JUNK MAIL FILTERS ACCORDINGLY.