Chapter III -
Registration for Permits: Operator and Equipment
3.1 Registration of
Analytical X-Ray Equipment
All analytical x-ray equipment at ASU must be registered
with the Office of Radiation Safety. Registrants must be full
time faculty, academic professional, or staff of ASU.
3.2 Training Required for Operators
Analytical x-ray equipment is registered by submitting the
appropriate form to the Radiation Safety Officer. Registration
forms are available in the Office of Radiation Safety.
Registration forms must be submitted within 30 days of receipt
and prior to operation of the equipment. The commodity code for
purchasing new x-ray or radiation producing equipment is 781092
Radiation Producing Equipment (x-ray etc.).
Operators must receive training in the following topics:
- Types and amounts of radiation to which workers could be
- Health effects of exposure to low doses of ionizing
- Precautions and procedures to minimize exposure to
- Applicable provisions of ARRA Rules and Regulations, and
rules and regulations established by ASU;
- Responsibilities of personnel using radiation producing
equipment including the need to bring violations of ARRA and
ASU Rules and Regulations to the attention of the Radiation
- Response in the event of exposures to radiation and other
- Rights of workers to have access to radiation exposure
- Correct procedures for safe and effective operation of the
analytical x-ray equipment.