Download this image
In 1936 two art instructors taught 22 art classes leading to a
major in art. Art, known as (manual training) and dance (known as physical
culture classes) were offered in the founding years of the school. Drama was
studied in the Literary Society. Music was introduced in the form of vocal
lessons in 1903. The College of Fine Arts opened to the public in 1965 and
was organized from existing departments of the College of Liberal Arts,
including music, art and drama.
In 2000, the College of Fine Arts was named The Katherine K. Herberger College
of Fine Arts, in honor of Valley arts philanthropist Katherine K. "Kax" Herberger.
Mrs. Herberger endowed the College of Fine Arts with a $12 million gift.
Founding Dean of the College of Fine Arts (1964)
Music Camp Orchestra on the lawn of Old Main
UP UPC ASUD M 871 #8