Download this image
The fountain pictured was designed by WPA artist Emory Kopta in 1933
and built in stages during the mid- to late-1930s. The original design featured a full size flute player, which
was reproduced in cement rather than bronze due to a lack of funds. The artist
destroyed it. In 1970 a small clay model was bronzed and is now housed in the
University Archives at Hayden Library.
The sundial to the left in the photograph was donated to the school by the
class of 1915.
Students sitting on the fountain in front of Old Main
UP UPC ASUB O42 #41