Title Page / Introduction / Chronology / Academic Freedom: Academic Programs, Research / Campus Lives: Campus Scenes, Student Organizations, Athletes / Leadership / Community, Collaboration and Partnership / Landmarks / Bibliography & Links / Credits

The New ASU Story:

Previous Image
Category Index
Next Image

Download this image
(ZIP file)

When the school changed its name to Tempe State Teachers College in 1925, students retained one side of the cement "N" to form the stem of the "T". It was a symbolic gesture suggesting that Old Tempe Normal was still very much part of the college.
T Mountain, 1920s

"T" Mountain
UP UPC ASUB C357 1920s #11

University Archives
Department of Archives and Manuscripts
Arizona State University Libraries
Last updated: August, 2000
Send questions or comments to archives@mainex1.asu.edu

ASU Libraries: Architecture | Downtown Phoenix | Hayden | Law | Music | Polytechnic | Science | West