team's new uniforms.
Mr. Irish coached the team and they advanced quickly to a challenge off campus
with the Phoenix High School team. The team played locally until the late 1930's.
When women's intercollegiate basketball resurfaced in the 1970's, it competed at
a national level.
In addition to women's basketball coach, Frederick M. Irish was the science
teacher, the first football coach, organized the Cadet Company and was the
first Registrar. He served ASU from 1896 to 1940. Irish Hall is named for him.
For more information on Women's Basketball, please visit: