|| Hall, to the left. Twenty-five women occupied Alpha Hall, which was built in 1902. The hall was a brick building featuring such comforts as electric lights, a heating furnace and running water that was piped to the two bathrooms and the kitchen. The kitchen provided daily meals for fifty in a dining hall. Alpha Hall became the men's dormitory after the completion of East Hall in 1903. It was razed in 1958 for the construction of the Life Sciences Building. The architect for this project was D. W. Millard & Son.
For more information about residence halls at ASU today, please visit http://www.asu.edu/reslife/ orhttp://www.asu.edu/east/cls/housing/.