note: this site is no longer in use. Please wait while you are automatically
redirected to the new ASU Lodestar Center website.
you are not redirected, please click on the following link: http://lodestar.asu.edu/
Please update your bookmarks and/or favorites.
IN PRACTICE- RESOURCES
Printable Resources and
William A. "The Prevalence of Inclusive Governance Practices
in Nonprofit Organizations and Implications for Practice."
Nonprofit Management and Leadership, 2002, 12 (4),
William A. "Racial Diversity and Performance of Nonprofit Boards
of Directors." The Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship,
2002, 7 (4), 43-54.
Challenges and Opportunities." Nonprofit Research Abridged,
Fall 2001. Summary of "Diversity Issues and Challenges
Facing Youth-Related Nonprofit Agencies," by Maria T. Allison,
a research report commission by and prepared for the Center for
Nonprofit Leadership and Management.
Selected Report References
- Carver, J. (1997). Boards That Make a Difference. San
Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass.
- Chait, R., Holland, T., & Taylor, B. (1996). Improving the
Performance of Governing Boards. Phoenix, AZ: Oryx Press.
- Daley, J., & Angulo, J. (1994). “Understanding the Dynamics
of Diversity Within Nonprofit Boards.” Journal of Community
Development Society, 25 (2), 172-188.
- Duca, D. J., (1996). Nonprofit Boards: Roles, Responsibilities,
and Performance. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Fletcher, K. (1997). Building Board Diversity. Washington,
DC: Aspen Institute.
- Herman, R. D., & Heimovics, R. D. (1991). Executive Leadership
in Nonprofit Organizations. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Hirzy, E. (1994). The Nominating Committee. Washington,
DC: National Center for Nonprofit Boards.
- Hohn, H. G. (1996). "Solving the Board Puzzle: How to Select
the 'Right' Directors." Chief Executive, 114, 58-61.
- Nelson, J. (1995). Six Keys to Recruiting, Orienting, and
Involving Nonprofit Board Members. Washington, DC: National
Center for Nonprofit Boards.
- Wood, M. M., (1996). "Governance and Leadership in Theory
and Practice." In M. M. Wood (Ed.), Nonprofit Boards and
Leadership: Cases on Governance, Change, and Board Staff Dynamics,
(pp. 1-14). San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass.
- Zander, A. (1993). Making Boards Effective: The Dynamics
of Nonprofit Governing Boards. San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass.
| | | | |
ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Innovation | College of Public Programs | Mail Code 4120 | 411 N. Central Ave. Suite 500
Arizona State University | University Center | Phoenix, AZ 85004-0691 | 602.496.0500