COLLABORATION AND COALITIONS FOR YOUTH AND COMMUNITY
DEVELOPMENT - RESOURCES
The following links are resources for youth and community development
practitioners who are interested in initiating and sustaining collaborations.
Wilder Publications -
Selected Report References
- Austin, J.E. (2000). The Collaboration Challenge. New
- Clark, R. (1991). "Building Coalitions" (Fact Sheet #7). Retrieved
May 21, 2002 from ohioline.osu.edu/bc-fact/007.html.
- Gray, B. (1989). Collaborating: Finding Common Ground for
Multi-Party Problems. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Hesselbein, F. (1997). "The New Order of the Day." Leader
to Leader, 4, 1-2.
- Hogue, T. (1994). "Community Based Collaboration: Community
Wellness Multiplied. Chandler Center for Community Leadership."
Retrieved May 21, 2002 for crs.uvm.edu/nnco/collab/wellsness.html.
- Hogue, T., & Miller, J. (2000). Effective Collaboration.
Longmont, CO: Rocky Mountain Press.
- Hogue, T., Perkins, D., Clark, R., Bergstrum, A., Slinkski,
M., et. al. (1995). Collaboration Framework: Addressing Community
Capacity. Columbus, OH: National Network for Collaboration.
- Huxham, C. (1996). Creating Collaborative Advantage.
Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Kagan, S. (1991). United We Stand: Collaboration for Child
Care and Early Education Services. New York: Teachers College
- Kohm, A., La Piana, D., & Gowdy, H. (2000). Strategic Restructuring:
Findings from a Study of Integrations and Alliances Among Nonprofit
Social Service and Cultural Organization in the United States.
Chicago: Chapin Hill Center for Children.
- Mattesich, P., & Monsey, B. (1997). Community Building: What
Makes it Work. A Reivew of Factors Influencing Successful Community
Building. St. Paul, MN: Amherst H. Wilder Foundation.
- Mattesich, P., Murray-Close, M., & Monsey, B. (2001). Collaboration:
What Makes it Work. A Review of Research Literature on Factors
Influencing Successful Collaboration. (2nd Edition). Saint
Paul, MN: Amerst H. Wilder Foundation.
- National Clearinghouse on Families and Youth. (1996, July).
"Reconnecting Youth and Community: A Youth Development Approach"
(chap 2). Retrieved May 21, 2002 from www.ncfy.com/reconnec.htm#2
- National Network for Collaboration. (1995). "Collaboration Framework
- Addressing Community Capacity." Retrieved May 21, 2002 from
- Snavely, K., & Tracy, M. (2000). "Collaboration Among Rural
Nonprofit Organizations." Nonprofit Management and Leadership,
- Taylor-Powell, E., Rossing, B., & Geran, J. (1998). Evaluating
Collaboratives. Reaching the Potential. Madison: University
of Wisconsin-System Board of Regents and University Wisconsin-Extension,
- Wertlieb, D. (1997). "Collaboration: Tips on Building and Maintaining
Productive Collaborations to Support Children and Families." QEP
Technical Assistance Tips Number 2. Medford, MA: Tufts University,
Center for Applied Development.
- Winer, M., & Ray., K. (1994). Collaboration Handbook: Creating,
Sustaining, and Enjoying the Journey. (rev. ed.) Saint Paul,
MN: Amherst H. Wilder Foundation.
- "Working Together." (2001, February). Snapshots: Research
Highlights From the Nonprofit Sector Research Fund, 15.