Acereda, Alberto. Professor (Ph.D. University of Georgia).
- Specialization: Latin American and Spanish Peninsular Literature. Modernismo. 19th- and 20th-century. Poetry. Transatlantic Studies.
- Personal WWW Page: http://www.albertoacereda.com
- Phone: 480-965-4582
- e-mail: email@example.com
Foster, David William. Regents' Professor (Ph.D. University of Washington)
- Specialization: Latin American narrative and theater, Argentine literature, Mexican literature, Brazilian literature, Latin American film, Hispanic bibliography, literary/cultural theory, gender/queer theory.
- Personal WWW Page: www.public.asu.edu/~atdwf/
- Phone: 480-965-3752
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
García-Fernández, Carlos Javier. Professor (Ph.D. University of California at Davis)
- Specialization: 19th and 20th-century Spanish narrative, Spanish film studies.
- Phone: 480-965-9491
- e-mail: email@example.com
García-Fernández, Carmen. Professor (Ph.D. Georgetown University)
- Specialization: Spanish pragmatics, conversational analysis, cross cultural communication and foreign language teaching methodology.
- Phone :480-727-6587
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hernández-Gutiérrez, Manuel de Jesús. Associate Professor (Ph.D. Stanford University)
- Specialization: Mexican American literature (novel, short story, theater, essay), Chicana writing and feminist theory, Chicano/a literary criticism, U.S. Latina/o literature (Neorican, Cuban American, Nica-American), Pan-Latino theory, postcolonial theory.
- Phone: 480-965-9573
- e-mail: Manuel.Hernandez@asu.edu
Lafford, Barbara. Professor (Ph.D. Cornell University)
- Specialization: Spanish linguistics, second language acquisition (lexical acquisition, effects of the context of learning), applied linguistics, computer-assisted language learning, sociolinguistics, Hispano-American dialectology.
- Phone: 480-965-4648
- e-mail: email@example.com
Rosales, Jesús. Associate Professor (Ph.D. Stanford University)
- Specialization: Mexican American literature. Chicano and Latino literatures and cultures.
- Phone: 480-965-6281
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sánchez, Ángel. Associate Professor (Ph.D. University of Minnesota)
- Specialization: Golden Age literature.
- Phone: 480-965-4576
- e-mail: email@example.com
Tompkins, Cynthia Margarita. Associate Professor ( Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University )
- Specialization: Latin American narrative and theater; women writers; film and cultural production; literary theory, criticism and aesthetics; feminist theory; postmodernism; comparative literature and translation studies.
- Personal WWW Page: http://www.public.asu.edu/~idcmt
- Phone: 480-965-6446
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Urioste, Carmen de. Associate Professor (Ph.D. Arizona State University)
- Specialization: Spanish literature: 20th Century Spanish fiction, popular studies, cultural studies, literary theory.
- Personal WWW Page: www.public.asu.edu/~sev1987/
- Phone: 480-965-3840
- e-mail: email@example.com
Volek, Emil. Professor (Ph.D. Charles University, Prague)
- Specialization: 20th-century Latin American narrative, theater and poetry, Caribbean, Central American, and Mexican literature, literary theory and cultural studies, avant-garde and postmodern literature and culture, magic realism, Latin Americanism and other macondismos.
- Phone: 480-965-7211
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following professors at ASU are also available to serve as members of Supervisory Committees, not as Committee Chairs / Dissertation Directors:
Alarcón, Justo (Spanish, SILC)
Arreola, Daniel (Geography)
Cárdenas, Lup (Language, Culture, History, ASU West)
Elenes, Alejandra (Women's Studies, ASU West)
Gratton, Brian (History)
Horan, Elizabeth (English)
Keller, Gary (Hispanic Research Center)
Lavrin, Asunción (History)
McElroy, Isis (Portuguese, SILC)
Menjívar, Cecilia (Social Family Dynamics)
Ramírez, Daniel (Religious Studies)
Reyes, Guillermo (Theater and Film)
Ríos, Alberto (English)
Sánchez, Marta (TCLS)
Stonner, Lynn (History)
Swanson, Tod (Religious Studies)
Valdivieso, Teresa (Spanish, SILC)