The School of International Letters and Cultures annually selects a student to receive this scholarship established in honor of Eugene Zimmerman. The purpose of the scholarship is to support an outstanding German major (junior or senior) who intends to continue his/her studies in German at ASU for at least one more year.
- Must be an undergraduate student with a junior or senior class standing (having earned 56 or more credit hours) at the time the award is disbursed.
- Must have a declared major in German.
- Minimum overall cumulative grade point average required is 3.50, with a minimum 3.50 GPA required in German.
- Must have completed German 202, its equivalent; or higher level German course.
- Must be enrolled full-time (minimum 12 hours) and maintain full-time enrollment at ASU Tempe campus.
- Financial need may be considered by the Selection Committee. Student must have a completed Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application on file, and submit a copy of his/her Statement of Need, as well as a copy of his/her Financial Aid Notification with the scholarship application.
Application ProcessStudents must submit the following:
- A completed application (PDF | Word).
- One copy of student transcripts (unofficial copy of transcript or DARS reports is acceptable).
- Financial need documents (Statement of Need, Financial Aid Notification).
- A brief statement addressing the following questions:
a) What motivated you to choose German as your major?
b) Please describe how your study of German will contribute to your plans for a career or profession?
c) How is the study of German going to help you in the future, either in attaining an advanced degree or in your profession/career?
Complete the application and submit with supporting documentation to the following contact.
The Application and brief statement must be typed.
Douglas Spencer, M.A.
Assistant Director of Academic Services
School of International Letters & Cultures
Room LL 440
Tempe, AZ 85287-0202