The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences annually awards the Dean’s Circle scholarship to the college’s best and brightest undergraduate students. Degree-granting departments, schools and programs administer the application and select the recipient.
- Must be an undergraduate student.
- Must have a declared major in one of the following: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian or Spanish.
- Minimum ASU Cumulative GPA 3.50.
- No residency requirement.
- Must be enrolled full-time (minimum 12 hours) and maintain full-time enrollment to stay eligible for the scholarship.
- Financial need may be considered by the Selection Committee, but is not a requirement. Note: Receiving this scholarship may affect the recipient’s financial aid.
- If the applicant is in a concurrent degree program, he/she may be a candidate in both departments. However, the student may accept only one Dean’s Circle departmental scholarship.
Application ProcessStudents must submit the following:
- A completed application (PDF | Word).
- One-page typed essay describing academic goals.
- One copy of student transcripts (unofficial copy of transcript or DARS reports is acceptable).
- One recommendation letter from a faculty member.
Complete the application and submit with supporting documentation to the following contact.
The Application and essay must be typed. Essays should be no longer than one page, double-spaced, 12-pt font, with one-inch margins.
Douglas Spencer, M.A.
Assistant Director of Academic Services
School of International Letters & Cultures
Room LL 440
Tempe, AZ 85287-0202