May 1-May 2, 2009
At The Center for Social Dynamics and Complexity, ASU
Arizona State University
We begin this conference series by exploring the emergence of coordinated groups.
* What are the processes by which individuals integrate into social groups?
* What are the evolutionary, economic, and social drivers of group formation, as well as the costs and benefits of group membership?
* How and when does coordinated behavior transform groups of individuals into meta-individuals?
CSDC Steering Committee
- Jennifer Fewell, CoDirector
- William Griffin, CoDirector
- Dieter Armbruster
- Michael Barton
- Manfred Laubichler
The Beauty, Elegance, and Strangeness of Insect Societies
Bert Holldobler (Author), Edward O. Wilson (Author)
Click Here for Publisher