The Workshop on Innovative Nanoscale Devices and Systems (WINDS) is a 4 1/2 day meeting with
morning and evening sessions, and with afternoons free for adhoc meetings and discussions among
follows the tradition and format of AHW (Advanced Heterostructure
Workshop). In 2008, there was a transition as
the workshop name morphed from AHW to AHNW to WINDS in order to attract more
participation from industrial labs.
format of each session involves one or two overview presentations plus lively
discussion (about 15 minutes for each paper) based on recent data. To ensure
enough time for discussion, short presentation of data is encouraged.
participant is expected to engage in these discussions and is strongly
encouraged to bring three to four overhead transparencies or a PC with
PowerPoint files showing most recent results that can be incorporated into the
introductions, summary and acknowledgements are strictly
total number of participants will be limited to around 80 to keep the
discussions lively in the single session.
- October 15, 2014 Request for invitation deadline
- November 1, 2014 Last day to book hotel at conference rate
- November 17, 2014 Early registration deadline
- The WINDS 2014 final program is now available under Program
- Online room reservations are now available under Accommodations
- Online registration through paypal is available under Registration