Registration for Classes—General
To allow eligible students to register for classes
University Registrar’s Office
In addition to other restrictors, a student must be one of the
following to be eligible to register for classes at ASU:
- a continuing student (a student enrolled in ASU classes during
the previous semester)
- a newly admitted student (a new ASU student who is officially
admitted to the university)
- a newly readmitted student (a former ASU student who is
officially readmitted to the university after an absence of one
semester or more).
Students may verify enrollment eligibility on the My ASU Web site.
To register for classes, eligible students must follow the
appropriate My ASU (Web) or
in-person registration procedures (listed below under
A late fee is assessed during late registration, which begins on
the first day of classes.
Registration requests are processed on a first-come,
first-served basis during registration.
Schedule of Classes
For a list of available classes, see the online Schedule of Classes.
To register for classes during the registration period, a
- meet with the assigned advisor to obtain advising sign-off and
course approval, if required by the university, college, or
- verify enrollment appointment online at My ASU (an enrollment appointment is the date and time that a student can begin registering for the following term)
- submit a registration request online at the My ASU Web
site or complete an Enrollment Request form, including the
class numbers and course prefixes and numbers, and submit
it and a photo ID to any registrar site (the Records Information
counter at the Tempe campus, Registration Services at the
Polytechnic campus, or Enrollment Services at the West or Downtown Phoenix campus)
||If a form is submitted in person, wait for a study list to be issued before leaving the registrar
- verify enrollment by viewing the student class schedule online
at My ASU.
For information on late registration, see SSM 201–05, “Registration and
Drop/Add/Swap after the Published Deadline.”
For information on readmission, see the policies in SSM 202, “Readmissions and Course
skip navigation bar
SSM manual |
ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title
| Educational Outreach and Student Services Web