SDA 207: The Sun Devil 4 Life Degree Completion Program
To provide an opportunity to student-athletes who are outside the traditional 6-year window for receiving post-eligibility aid to complete their degree
Sun Devil Athletics
Former student-athletes who received athletic aid when they were enrolled at ASU.
Sun Devil Athletics offers a degree completion program for former student-athletes who have yet to complete their undergraduate degree and are outside the traditional 6-year window for receiving post-eligibility aid. There are a limited number of opportunities each year and the award is based upon multiple factors including athletic department budget, number of hours remaining to complete a degree, evaluation or purpose statement, and academic profile while a Sun Devil student-athlete.
- Any former student-athlete interested in applying for the SD4L Degree Completion Program must first apply for the NCAA Degree Completion grant. Their application will not be reviewed without this step being taken.
- The SD4L student must have had athletic aid when he/she was a student-athlete and can only apply for the program after the traditional 6-year window of aid has been expired.
- The SD4L student must have at least a 2.00 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing in the college of his/her major.
- The SD4L student must maintain an enrollment of at least 12 hours of courses from his/her DARS per semester, unless fewer hours are needed for graduation. If 15 hours or less are needed for graduation during a fall or spring semester, the SD4L student must take the 15 hours in that semester of aid (unless course sequence prohibits).
- SD4L aid will only be awarded on a semester basis. Students not making satisfactory process (course grade must be degree applicable) according to the guideline of the appropriate college will not have their SD4L aid renewed.
- SD4L aid is intended to provide undergraduate students with partial financial support necessary to complete their bachelor's degree. Graduate studies cannot be supported by the application of SD4L aid.
- SD4L aid will only be provided according to NCAA, Arizona State Board of Regents, and Sun Devil Athletics regulations governing the award of such aid.
- SD4L aid will be awarded based on the percentage of the former student-athlete's last semester of aid or the average percentage of all semesters the student-athlete received aid, whichever is greater. The scholarship amount will include tuition and fees only; there will be no aid for cash-in-lieu of books.
- Sun Devil Athletics has the right at any time to withdraw financial aid and bill the SD4L student for any and all money that he/she has received (including tuition) if he/she does not attend class and make satisfactory progress toward a baccalaureate degree. skip navigation bar
SDA manual |
ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title |
SDA manual contact |
Provost’s Office Web site | SDA Web site