PUR 504–02: Contract Forms
To prescribe the type of contract forms to be used for various procurements
Arizona Board of Regents Policy Manual - 3-803
Purchasing and Business Services
Specific contract forms must be used for consultants and independent contractors, and for construction-related work. Procedures for use of these forms are on the Purchasing and Business Services Web site.
General contract forms and the procedures for their use are on the Office of General Counsel Web site.
A purchase order may be used as a contract for service maintenance and other miscellaneous agreements provided complete information is included on the purchase order.
Vendors’ Contract Forms
The director of Purchasing and Business Services shall determine if a contract is acceptable for university use.
Generally unacceptable are clauses that:
- require the application of the laws of any state except Arizona in the interpretation, execution, and enforcement of the contract
- require the university to hold other parties harmless or to assume liabilities that may be incurred by other parties
(Hold harmless clauses often may be identified by the word “indemnify” in the agreement.)
- state that the contractor’s terms prevail over any university terms in the event of conflict
- require the university to pay taxes other than sales or use tax
- extend the contract period beyond the date specified on the purchase order
- impose a penalty on late payments
- limit the liability of the contractor
- provide for binding arbitration of disputes unless conducted in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes §§ 12–1501 to –1518 and the Arizona Board of Regents’ Policy Manual - 3-809 and that arbitration takes place in Arizona.
For additional information on contract forms, see: