PTS 303: Towing of Illegally
To provide guidelines for towing vehicles found parked on
property owned or managed by ASU that are in violation of the ASU
Parking Rules and Regulations
Arizona Revised Statutes §§
ASU Parking Rules and Regulations
Parking and Transit Services
A vehicle found in violation of the ASU Parking Rules and Regulations will be towed or booted at the owner’s expense when authorized by Parking and Transit Services.
Vehicles Subject to Being Booted or Towed Without Warning
A vehicle can be booted or towed with no warning issued as soon as PTS confirms one or more of the following violations or reasons:
- displaying a lost, stolen, altered, or counterfeit
- not displaying a license plate, vehicle identification number
(VIN), or other form of identification, including intentional concealment of the VIN
- parking in a closed or barricaded lot
- unauthorized parking in a Reserved parking stall
- unauthorized vehicles witnessed entering or exiting (tailgating) into or out of a gated parking structure without proper permits or to avoid payment in a visitor lot
- failure to move a vehicle within the 72-hour or three-business-day-payment/appeals grace period following a tow warning
- remaining 72 hours after being booted (Arizona Revised Statutes § 15–1627)
- the vehicle has received a prior tow warning and also exceeds $300 in accrued parking citation penalties that have not been paid before the warning period has expired
- any vehicle that needs to be moved in a hazardous situation determined by PTS management
- a dean’s referral may be issued for a student who commits any of the above violations or repeat violations.
Vehicles Subject to Being Booted or Towed
A vehicle can be booted or towed for the following violations. If the vehicle is to be towed, one boot tow warning must have been issued before towing for the following violations:
- having $150 or more in unpaid parking citations or fines
- parking in a disabled parking stall without the proper permit
- parking in an electric vehicle charging stall with a nonelectric vehicle or with an electric vehicle but not actively charging beyond the maximum four-hour parking/charging limit.
This policy does not apply to vehicles seized by ASU Police Department officers as criminal evidence.
|Parking and Transit Services (PTS)
- Have the vehicle that has been found parked in violation of the
ASU Parking Rules and Regulations booted and/or towed, in
accordance with department policy.
operator of towed vehicle
- Contact Parking and Transit Services Dispatch
(480/965–0641) to arrange for payment of all citations and all
associated charges including late and tow fees. Present a photo ID and proof of ownership
and pay (credit card or cash only):
- outstanding ASU debt
- towing fee
- vehicle storage charge, if applicable.
||Citations and all
associated charges must be paid before the vehicle will
be released. Payment, if approved by PTS, may be made by a valid credit card(s) over the telephone.
- Verify vehicle ownership.
- Receive payment and issue a receipt to the owner or
- Authorize the towing company to release the
operator of towed vehicle
- Reclaim the vehicle at the towing company by presenting the ASU
- With respect to parking, means to disable a vehicle by attaching a vehicle immobilizer, commonly referred to as a “boot.”
For more information on parking citations and appeals, see:
- PTS 301, “Parking
- the policies in PTS 400,
skip navigation bar
PTS manual |
ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title |
PTS manual contact | Parking and Transit Services Web site