PCS 602–03: Performing
Periodic Physical Inventories for
To properly perform periodic physical inventories requested by
Office for Research and Sponsored Projects
ASU is required to perform periodic physical inventories of
equipment as sponsors request them.
The sponsoring agency requests an inventory from the
sponsored property coordinator.
The sponsored property coordinator:
- schedules an appointment with the principal investigator (PI)
for a physical inventory of the equipment
- verifies Property Control numbers (PCNs), model and serial numbers,
location, and condition of the equipment
- reconciles the account with changes as required
- has the PI sign the reconciliation
- updates the Property Control database
- files the completed reconciliation in the account file
- submits a copy to the sponsor.
skip navigation bar
PCS manual |
ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title |
PCS manual contact |
Property Control Web site