Facilities Management Manual (FAC)
Terms in this manual are defined as follows:
- Auxiliary Unit
- An operation that derives a substantial portion of its budget
from revenues generated from providing goods and/or services to the
university community and/or the general public. A list of major
auxiliary units follows:
- ASU Bookstore
- ASU Public Events
- Food service contractors or concessionaires
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Memorial Union
- Parking and Transit Services
- Residential Life, including fraternities and sororities
- Stadium Management.
- Billable Service
- A discretionary request for service submitted by a university
department or agency for performance by Facilities Management of a
nonmaintenance function, including:
- construction and/or installation of a device, fixture,
apparatus, or structure that is not integral to a university
- delivery and/or supply of any nonmaintenance support,
assistance, and/or commodity for which Facilities Management incurs
- Blanket Order
- An agreement for a specified period between the user and
Facilities Management to furnish the commodities or services
specified in the order on a periodic release basis.
- Domestic Water
- Water supplied to the campus from outside sources.
- Firm Price Quote
- A cost for a project that is guaranteed by Facilities
Management and billed to the requester without regard to the actual
final cost of the project.
- Formal Estimate
- A written estimate provided by Facilities Management and based
upon a written request from the user. A formal estimate is intended
to be an approximation of the actual cost.
- Informal Estimate
- An estimate provided by either Facilities Management or the
requester as simply a means to encumber funds for a project within
the Advantage system. This type of estimate is merely an educated
guess of the actual costs of the project. Typically, this type of
estimate is made for relatively small projects that need to be
- Nonbillable Service
- A request for service submitted by a university department or
agency (except auxiliary enterprises) involving the performance of
a maintenance-related function by Facilities Management.
Maintenance service includes, but is not limited to, repair of an
existing device, fixture, apparatus, or structure that is integral
to the facility (and its operation) at which the device, fixture,
apparatus, or structure is presently located.
- Printed Materials
- Bulletins, leaflets, posters, notices, schedules, temporary
signs, and similar materials.
- The willful destruction and/or defacing of public or private
skip navigation bar
FAC manual |
ASU policies and procedures manuals | Index of Policies by Title | FAC manual contact | Facilities Management Web site