The Building Committee or departments perform the following:
- customize the Arizona State University Medical Supervision Policy to the specific building receiving AEDs
- implement and adhere to the policy protocol
- approve employees volunteering to use AEDs during emergency
- assure that employee volunteers attend training biennially
- report a change in status of trained employee volunteers to
Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S)
- conduct required visual inspections to verify that the AEDs are
in operating condition.
The oversight physician prescribes AEDs and provides medical
supervision and program oversight.
The Capital Programs Management Group:
- plans and provides AEDs as required on applicable construction
projects involving ASU-owned or -operated buildings
- consults with EH&S on the quantity
and location of AEDs.
- provides information on AEDs to the campus community
- provides CPR/AED training to employee
- maintains records of trained employee volunteers
- tracks the location of all AEDs on each campus
- maintains AED units and associated supplies in optimal working
Employee volunteers adhere to all training requirements and
instructions for administering CPR and using an AED for emergency
Return to EHS 111